Make Mom's Morning with Our Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes|
by Wen Zientek-Sico
Treat Mom to a special breakfast or brunch with these wonderful recipes that she will adore. With over forty recipes that range from elegant to kid friendly, you can create the perfect breakfast for any Mom. Make sure to check out our tips to make sure Mom has a great day.
This year, treat Mom to a special breakfast for Mother's Day.
Here are the rules:
- Let her sleep in. Do not be so excited about making and sharing your wonderful breakfast with her at 5 AM. Let her sleep later than normal and get some much needed relaxation. This will also give you some time to make her some really special food.
- Try recipes that everyone can help make. Even preschoolers can help in the kitchen with simple tasks such as sprinkling cinnamon sugar in our Easy Cinnamon Crescent Rolls, adding toppings to make Pancake Mosaics, or mixing Strawberry Butter.
- Think about dishes you and your family can handle making…and just add a special touch. There is no need to tackle gourmet dishes, but do try to add special touches to the menu. Serve her a special beverage like our Viennese Coffee or Mimosas. Add a special touch to sliced fruit with a simple sauce or edible flowers, such as in our great recipe for Strawberries, Roses, and Champagne. Make mom a special personalized breakfast with ingredients she especially likes with recipes like Herbed Parmesan Baked Eggs and Pancake Mosaics. Use pretty china and give her fresh flowers.
- Can't handle cooking without mom? Consider helping mom the night before with some of our make ahead recipes like Make Ahead Baked French Toast, Strawberry Lemon Turnovers, Pancake Mosaics, Rum Raisin French Toast, Raspberry Preserve Muffins, and Pink Perfection Juice. Then Mother's Day morning bake or reheat the dishes if needed and serve her in style.
- Try some recipes made with convenience ingredients like frozen bread dough, refrigerated crescent rolls, and puff pastry to wow mom. Some good choices are Strawberry Lemon Turnovers, Easy Cinnamon Crescent Rolls, and Cinnamon-Pecan Monkey Bread.
- The absolutely most important thing you can do on Mother's Day for your Mom is simple. Clean Up! Make sure you leave a totally spotless kitchen behind you after you make Mom's breakfast. She will appreciate that more than most gifts you could possibly give her!
Children like to be really involved in making breakfast for Mom. These recipes are simple enough for older children to make all by themselves if they are responsible enough to use the stove or oven and many of them also have simple steps that younger children can help prepare with adult supervision.
Make Mom a super-special breakfast with these recipes that will knock her socks off. These are recipes for a family that is comfortable in the kitchen, and make great dishes for family brunches or breakfasts if you are having a large get together.
Most importantly, take this opportunity to let Mom know how much you love and appreciate her on this special day.